Day 17: Your favourite film series
Although there’s a few film series that I love, in a lot of them there’s parts which I find a bit boring. But I think I love pretty much the whole of the Harry Potter Series.
- Obviously my favourite is the Philosophers Stone, just because it’s the first one, and the most magical before everything gets complicated.
- I love how you really see the characters develop into adults, and it even incorporates a look into the future in the final film so that it has a solid ending.
- They have a perfect blend of reality mixed with fantasy.
- The films appeal to people of all ages, not just children or adults. There’s elements for everyone.
- It makes you forget the crap that’s going on around you.
Day 16: Your favourite animated film
Without a doubt, Despicable Me. Cant wait for the ride to be ready in Florida, and already looking forward to the sequel coming out next year.
- Minions are the greatest thing ever, they’re so cute and funny. I even have two cuddly minions that my boyfriend brought me from Florida last year.
- IT’S SO FLUFFY I’M GONNA DIEEEE! Enough said.
- Steve Carell is brilliant as grew, how he manages to change his voice like that is unbelievable.
- It also has Russel Brand as the crazy scientist dude which is epic.
- It’s just funny and great to watch and it doesn’t only apply to kids.
Day 15: Film Featuring your favourite actor
When first considering this question, I thought of putting a Jim Carrey film, as he is an incredibly funny actor, and I do like every film I’ve seen him in. But then I realised i’ve only seen him in comedy films, so it doesn’t seem like he does a very broad range. Even in the number 23 there were some comedy elements to it. So I’ve decided on Will Smith as my favourite actor, as i’m seen him in a variety of films and sstill loved his performances in each of them. The film I choose for today is iRobot.
- It has a variety of elements, drama, comedy, action and romance.
- It’s interesting to see a relationship develop between a human and a robot, especially when the human is so against robots.
- Will smith is a little older in this one but still manages to pull off the role.
- Every time I watch it, I well up a little at the end.
Day 14: A film featuring your favourite actress
Although I have only recently got back into her films again, I think my favourite actress is Julia Styles. I love every film I’ve seen her in. In fact if I made a list of my favourite films,the Julie Styles films I’ve seen would all be in it. But the one I’m going to choose is 10 Things I Hate About You.
- This film shows Julia styles off at her best. You see her acting both the harsh, uncooperative side of Kat and the softer, more vulnerable side of her.
- The relationship she builds throughout the film with Heath Ledger is brilliant to watch as you really see the hate turning into love.
- She manage to portray drama, comedy and romance.
- You feel you can relate to her character, as if you go through it all with her.
- It could have gone very wrong, but her acting manages to make the transition from classic book to modern day film.
Day 13: A film that makes you cry
I know it’s a cliche but Titanic never fails to make me cry, I don’t know what it is about it but it always has me with tears in my eyes by about half way through.
- The relationship between the two main characters develops beautifully.
- And the fact that they have such different backgrounds makes it even better, it shows that love doesn’t discriminate against anyone.
- The ‘bad guy’ of the film introduces drama, as well as some comedy moments.
- I like the idea that the film is based around the old woman looking back at her past.
- The fact that he was willing to die for her, that she changed her name to his name, and she never forgot him, shows true love does exist.
Day 12: Your favourite sci-fi/fantasy film
Ok, so I can’t pick between two, but they’re from the same series so I guess that’s ok. And yes I know there’s a day for your favourite film series but i’m not sure that it is my favourite film series so i’m choosing it for this day thank you very much. Anyway, my choice is Twilight, and Breaking Dawn.
- The first and last films of the Twilight Saga.
- They open and close the sequel perfectly.
- I know Part 2 isn’t out yet so I can only speak for part 1, but i’m assuming it will be just as good if not better.
- I think the first and last are the best of the films.
- The first sets up the story and gets us emotionally involved with the characters in such a way that it’s difficult not to want to see the next part.
- And the last part brings everything to it’s climax, and personally, it ends exactly the way I hoped it would.
The 30 day film challenge really has a habit of making me remember films I love but haven’t watched in such a long time. ~ Today it’s Save the Last Dance. Such an awesome film. I can’t even remember the last time I watched it but it’s even better than I thought.
Day 11: The film you want to see next
The film I want to see next, and which me and my boyfriend are going to go and see at the cinema when it’s released is Wanderlust with Jennifer Anniston and Paul Rudd.
- They’re amazing actors.
- It looks hilarious.
- It’ll be interesting to see how they act as a couple when they’ve acted together in Friends.
Day 10: Your favourite season themed movie
Even though my favourite holiday is now halloween, because it’s the day me and my awesome boyfriend go together, my favourite season themed movie is a christmas movie. Without a doubt, Miracle on 34th Street is the best christmas movie ever.
- Home alone comes an incredibly close second, but there’s just something about Miracle on 34th Street that makes me feel christmassy.
- I could probably watch it in April and still get drawn into the christmas spirit
- Mara Wilson is a wonderful actress, in any film i’ve seen her in, so old for her years.
- The idea that santa really does exist perfectly brings to life the childish ideals of christmas.
- It has all the aspects a christmas film should have, the family, the big department stores and toy shops, the parade, santa, a heartwarming lesson and a happy ending.
Day 9: A film you wish more people had seen
My choice for this is Save the last dance. It’s a film i haven’t seen in a really long time but i used to be obsessed with it; and it really is a shame that more people haven’t seen it.
- I love dancing so any dancing film is a great choice for me.
- The choice of actors for the main characters was a great choice, they portray the characters very well and work really well together.
- The relationship that develops between them is really lovely to watch, especially considering the obstacles they come across.
- The way he encourages her to get back into dancing is beautiful.