Although I have only recently got back into her films again, I think my favourite actress is Julia Styles. I love every film I’ve seen her in. In fact if I made a list of my favourite films,the Julie Styles films I’ve seen would all be in it. But the one I’m going to choose is 10 Things I Hate About You.
- This film shows Julia styles off at her best. You see her acting both the harsh, uncooperative side of Kat and the softer, more vulnerable side of her.
- The relationship she builds throughout the film with Heath Ledger is brilliant to watch as you really see the hate turning into love.
- She manage to portray drama, comedy and romance.
- You feel you can relate to her character, as if you go through it all with her.
- It could have gone very wrong, but her acting manages to make the transition from classic book to modern day film.